IAFMHS CONFERENCE ANTWERP 2018
JUN 12 - 14
2018 IAFMHS Conference
Call for Pre- and Post-Conference Workshop Proposal
Service development is the laboratory of forensic mental health:
Integrating science and treatment into outcome
Pre- and Post-conference Workshops: June 11th & June 15th, 2018
Deadline for Proposal: December 10, 2017
As the Chairs of the Scientific Program Committee of the Annual Meeting of the IAFMHS, I would like to invite you to submit a proposal for a half or full-day workshop to run on either Monday June 11th or Friday June 15th, 2018.
We welcome workshop proposals consistent with the conference themes, and addressing subjects such as the following:
• Developing and evaluating the effectiveness of interventions
• Risk assessment and management
• Domestic violence and intimate partner violence
• Specialized treatment services with adult forensic populations
• Specialized treatment services with juvenile forensic populations
• Forensic assessment instrument training (adult and/or juvenile)
• Resilience and protective factors
• Specialist areas of practice for specific populations
• Research design, methods or statistical analyses
• Recovery and service user involvement
Your proposal summary should be sent to email@example.com by Dec. 10th, 2017. The proposal should be no longer than 2 single-spaced pages and provide an outline of the workshop and learning objectives, as well as the conference facilitators and their appropriate professional credentials. Please indicate whether your proposal is for a full day or half day workshop, as well as your preference for a pre- or post-conference workshop, or if either option is possible.
The Scientific Committee will review all proposals and provide timely feedback to ensure prompt promotion of workshops.
All workshops are subject to a minimum booking of 10 registrations. If this number is not met by May 15th, 2018, the workshop will have to be cancelled, unfortunately, and no financial remuneration allotted.
If the workshop has 10 or more registrations, the fee structure is as follows (honorarium is per workshop, not per facilitator):
• Half day: $500 CDN (1 coffee break)
• Full day: $1000 CDN (2 coffee breaks; lunch on your own)
Please forward proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Catherine Wilson, Kori Ryan, & Kris Goethals
Scientific Program Committee Co-Chairs